for HPTI Approved Field Supervisors
As part of the HPTI Certified Hypnosis Practitioner Program, each student must participate in both a Practicum and Internship to gain experience utilizing hypnosis working with clients. With the program being offered via distance learning, enlisting Field Supervisors within the communities our students reside is necessary. HPTI is currently recruiting and compiling a list of potential Field Supervisors that our students may avail while seeking required internship placement.
A Field Supervisor’s role is to act as mentor and provide hands on training and oversight of student’s technical skills as well as legal and ethical application of those skills with clients. It is a critical component of the HPTI program and one taken seriously by the organization. The internship process is intended to be conducted within a 6 month period but may extend beyond 6 months. Student’s will not receive required credit for internship until all experience hours are completed and approved.
There are various arrangements that can be agreed to between students and their Field Supervisors and due to the different needs and availabilities of both, most partnerships will be unique. Students can gain credit for hours of internship from their Field Supervisor in the following ways:
- Personal hypnosis consultation, either individual or group.
- Observation of hypnosis consultations by approved Field Supervisor.
- Conducting client intake assessments for approved Field Supervisor.
- On-line, 2 way voice/web-cam hypnosis consultation sessions conducted by student. Must be recorded with signed release for acceptance. Maximum 25 hours.
- Live hypnosis consultation sessions conducted by student. No maximum. A minimum of 5 recorded sessions, with signed release, must be submitted to Instructor during course.
As a Field Supervisor, you can arrange to provide oversight and guidance for these experiences for free, for a reasonable fee, for work related to the running of your Hypnosis Practice, or charge clients for sessions that the Student Intern conducts through your practice and provide some percentage of the collected fees to the student intern.
These arrangements must be fully understood and included in the student internship contract and signed by the Student Intern, Field Supervisor, and Supervising School Instructor. If supervision is provided for a fee to the intern or as part of a work arrangement, the fee or work should be reasonable and not in any way exploitive.
It is intended that students work within the office of a successful Hypnosis Practitioner to fulfill their internship commitment whenever possible, however there may be situations where a student is in a remote area and can not readily find a qualified Hypnosis Practitioner in their community. In these circumstances, carefully planned contracts may be arranged for distance internships provided certain requirements are met. These will be handled case by case and approved by the Supervising School instructor. Generally speaking, distance internships would require that the intern travel to the Field Supervisor’s office a minimum of 3 times during the internship, at commencement, mid- program, and at termination. During these meetings, a significant time should be spent working with hands on hypnosis practice with clients preferably. Also, both the Field Supervisor and Student Intern must have the technical equipment and skills to communicate regularly and significantly over live face to face video communication channels. In these conditions, the professional maturity of the Field Supervisor will be a factor in gaining the institution’s approval.
For approval a Field Supervisor should meet the following criteria:
- Posses certification from a recognized school of Hypnosis, Counseling, or Therapy.
- Maintain membership in a recognized organization demanding adherence to a code of ethics.
- Have a minimum of 4 years experience providing professional Counseling, Therapy, and/or Hypnosis services for a fee.
- Maintain current liability insurance for their practice.
- Have no criminal record and no disciplinary record related to the profession.
- Be willing to perform their supervisory duties according to the guidelines and ethics established by HPTI.
Field Supervisors, once approved, will be listed on the www.hpti.org website with contact information and links to their websites, providing some additional exposure and credibility to your practice. In addition you will have the opportunity to play an important role in our mission to bring more credibility and greater recognition to the profession of Hypnosis Practitioner.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in becoming a pre-approved Field Supervisor for The Hypnosis Practitioner Training Institute, please contact Richard Clark at: email@example.com.