Integration of Outcome-Based Protocols
Instructor: Richard K. Nongard, LMFT
November 3-28, 2014
4 weeks/40 hours of online instruction
This course is an in depth presentation of the current research on outcome based psychotherepeutic theory and technique. It is important that hypnotists use methods of intervention with demonstrated validity and focus on integrating current research and methodologies of change into hypnotic processes. This course will introduce the psychological theory and methods of evidence based treatment protocols to improve intervention outcome and response.
This course will focus on developing a core understanding of contextual psychology and its integration into a systemic process of hypnotherapy.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
At the conclusion of this course, the professional hypnotist will be able to:
- Create hypnotic inductions that move beyond simply “creating a state of hypnosis” to creating inductions that are in an of themselves part of the therapeutic process.
- Verbalize an understanding of current psychological theory related to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), ACT Therapy, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and other modalities of therapy with demonstrated efficacy in clinical studies.
- Create hypnotic methods of utilizing the core concepts of contextual psychology and integrate them into hypnotherapy.
- Demonstrate techniques of suggestive therapy that are based on evidenced based treatment protocols.
- Utilize core components of contextual psychology and evidence based treatment protocals during interventions and in script writing.
- Measure effectiveness of hypnotherapy interventions with individual clients that are served.
Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life: The New Acceptance and Commitment Therapy; by Steven C. Hayes (to be purchased seperately)
Mindfulness and Hypnosis: The Power of Suggestion to Transform Experience; by Michael D. Yapko (to be purchased seperately)
Each week will have a unique portfolio of video lectures. You will be provided with links to access each weeks lectures. Live class discussions will focus on clarification of the week’s reading and lecture material so pace your lecture viewing appropriately.
CLASS LECTURE TOPICS
- Introduction to Contextual Hypnotherapy
- Key Concepts in Outcome Based Treatment
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Jay Haley and the Strategic Model of Therapy
- Brief Cognitive Hypnotherapy
ONLINE CLASS DISCUSSIONS
Class will meet for one hour in the “HPTI webconferencing room” via internet once each week. Mondays at 7:00pm PDT.
*** If less than 5 students enroll in the course it will automatically revert to an independent study course and there will be no live online class discussions. All questions about reading and lecture material, as well as assignments and tests, will be addressed via class discussion forum, email, or other communication methods as determined by class instructor***
There will be a quizzes, projects, and a comprehensive exam at the completion of the course and participants that complete the these with a passing grade will be awarded a certificate of competence in the area of study.
4 weeks/40 hours of online instruction
This course, taught by Richard Nongard, LMFT is approved for 40 Hours of CEU credit. Social Workers, Registered Nurses, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists will be awarded CEU credit by Peachtree Professional Education, Inc. upon successful completion of the course. No partial CEU credit will be awarded. Also approved for Texas and Florida professionals and in most other states. For a complete list of state CEU approvals visit www.FastCEUs.com/approvals