Regression and Parts Therapy
C. Roy Hunter
Limited Space for Certified Hypnosis Professionals and
Allied Health Care Professionals
Apr. 22 - May 17, 2013
4 weeks/40 hours of online instruction
This course will cover the basic essentials of regression and parts therapy, starting with the foundation of client centered hypnosis. Included will be tips on how to know when to use either regression to discover and release causes of problems, or when to use parts therapy to help clients resolve inner conflicts. There is special emphasis on knowing the difference between leading and guiding, in order to minimize the risk of false memories and to avoid projecting preconceived conclusions into the sessions. Aproximately 8 hours of pre-recorded video and 2 hours of Live Online Class Discussion per week.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The primary goal of this course is to prepare students for client centered applications of regression and parts therapy when appropriate for the client by providing a solid foundation in the following areas:
- An understanding of the four primary hypnotherapy objectives, the foundation of client centered hypnosis.
- Knowing how to use ideomotor responses when it is not clear which technique to employ.
- Learning the five phases of regression therapy.
- Learning parts therapy in a step-by-step process.
REQUIRED TEXT – (to be purchased separately)
The Art of Hypnotic Regression Therapy: A Clinical Guide by Roy Hunter & Bruce Eimer, PhD (2012, Crown House Publishing) and Hypnosis for Inner Conflict Resolution: Introducing Parts Therapy by Roy Hunter (2005, Crown House Publishing).
- WEEK 1 — Read the first four chapters of The Art of Hypnotic Regression Therapy.
- WEEK 2 — Read the remaining chapters of The Art of Hypnotic Regression Therapy.
- WEEK 3 — Read Chapters 1,2, and 4-8 of Hypnosis for Inner Conflict Resolution.
- WEEK 4 — Read Chapters 9-13 of Hypnosis for Inner Conflict Resolution.
ONLINE CLASS DISCUSSIONS
- The Four Cornerstones of Successful Hypnotherapy
- Ideomotor response questions and seven psychodynamics of causes
- Overview of the Five Phases of Regression Therapy
- Guiding vs. Leading
- A safe regression exercise
- Phase 1: Client Preparation
- Phase 2: Regression Techniques to Discover the Cause
- Phase 3: Abreactions and Release
- Phase 4: Subconscious Relearning
- Phase 5: Concluding the Session
- What Is Parts Therapy?
- Variations of parts therapy
- Preparation Phase
- The 11-Step Process
- Concluding the Session
- Potential Pitfalls
- Suggested Reading: Hypnosis for Inner Conflict Resolution
Each week will have a unique portfolio of video lectures. You will be provided with links to access each weeks lectures. Live class discussions will focus on clarification of the week’s reading and lecture material so pace your lecture viewing appropriately.
ONLINE CLASS DISCUSSIONS
Class will meet for one hour in the “HPTI webconferencing room” via internet twice per week.
4/22 – 5pm PDT
4/25 – 12N PDT (teaching from Oslo, Norway)
4/30 – 12N PDT (teaching from Oslo, Norway)
5/3 – 5pm PDT
5/7 – 5pm PDT
5/10 – 7pm PDT (teaching from Orlando, FL)
5/14 – 7pm PDT (teaching from Daytona Beach, FL)
5/17 – 7pm PDT (teaching from Daytona Beach, FL)
There will be a quizzes, projects, and a comprehensive exam at the completion of the course and participants that complete the these with a passing grade will be awarded a certificate of competence in the area of study.